GreenFirst Forest Products’ business is rooted in the forest! For us, well managed forests truly make sense for our business, our communities and the environment. We have a deep connection to Canadian forestlands and sustainability. If this commitment to the environment and Canadian forests resonates with you come and join our team.
Location: North Bay, Ontario
GreenFirst is looking for a Lead Accountant to support the controllership and financial oversight of a new and exciting Forest Products Company. As part of an integrated Finance Team, you will be responsible for supporting management in preparation, reporting and reconciliation of financial statements across all segments of the company. Strong attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Reporting directly to the Controller, you will:
- Support an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit and quarterly financial statement reviews by providing supporting schedules/explanations to the internal and external audit teams.
- Highlight opportunities and support continuous improvement to ensure results at the highest efficiency levels, in the most cost-conscious manner, and in support of company initiatives.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information, and prepare account reconciliations.
- Review, and approve monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare analysis of financial statement results in support of business objectives.
- Provides direction to accountants and accounting associates by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Assist in developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable governmental regulations and company policies.
You will need:
|A recognized degree or diploma in Accounting or Business is required with 8+ years of progressive work experience in a variety of finance and accounting roles.
Position demands up-to-date knowledge of IFRS and public company reporting disclosure requirements and internal controls. The position requires strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate with operating and financial managers.
Bilingual in English and French is a positive.
Please submit your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title in your email subject line.