GreenFirst Forest Products’ business is rooted in the forest! For us, well managed forests truly make sense for our business, our communities and the environment. We have a deep connection to Canadian forestlands and sustainability. If this commitment to the environment and Canadian forests resonates with you come and join our team.
Supervisor, HRIS and Payroll
Location: North Bay, Ontario
GreenFirst is looking for a bilingual and detail-oriented HR professional to manage the Payroll and HRIS systems for a dynamic new organization. With staff dispersed across operational locations in Ontario and Quebec, the Supervisor, HRIS and Payroll will use the existing payroll and HRIS systems to ensure accurate processing of payroll and updated employee HR data. Currently, the Company processes it payroll on three systems and the HRIS system has not yet been populated.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, HR you will:
- Responsible for ensuring that all payroll and government remittances are paid on time.
- Audit all payroll input including T&A data for accuracy, validate payroll totals. Follow up for prompt resolution of issues.
- Review work performed by payroll staff in the field to ensure that new hires, terminating or retiring employees are properly paid. Monitor, review and approve all Payroll related submissions for payment prepared by payroll staff in the field including funding requests for union dues, and employer matching contributions.
- Manage the pay cycle processes including balancing and reconciliation. Provide Corporate G/L with support needed to reconcile all payroll general ledger entries on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that new HRIS system is populated and maintained:
- Develop standards, procedures and user guides for HRIS functionality.
- Develop various HRIS initiatives to maximize utilization and user familiarity.
- Assist in reconciling compensation details with HR, Accounting and audit as needed.
- Work with IT to troubleshoot system issues and ensure resolution.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures related to internal controls, accounting matters and similar issues associated with Company’s policies.
- Lead Payroll contact for internal and external audit. Respond to inquiries and ensure compliance with requirements.
You will need:
You will need five or more years of payroll processing experience and experience in supporting and maintaining a HRIS system. Ability to manage multiple tasks in a stressful environment while maintaining an attitude of composure and delivering outstanding customer service. Strong ability to supervise others and manage the day-to-day operations of a payroll department. This position also demands excellent oral and written communication skills, in both English and French, with the ability to manage relationships with others throughout the Company. Strong aptitude for learning new systems and programs. This job requires the ability to work during evenings and weekends.
Please submit your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your email subject line.