GreenFirst Forest Products’ business is rooted in the forest! For us, well managed forests truly make sense for our business, our communities, and the environment. We have a deep connection to Canadian forestlands and sustainability. If this commitment to the environment and Canadian forests resonates with you come and join our team.
GreenFirst is currently recruiting for a Vice President, Information Technology.
Location: North Bay or Toronto
GreenFirst is seeking a strategic leader to drive innovation across an exciting new organization. The Vice President – Information Technology is responsible for the development and execution of the information technology strategy, goals and initiatives that support daily needs and long term objectives of GreenFirst. This includes service desk, operations, telecommunications, software development lifecycle, project management, IT architecture and procurement. With geographically dispersed locations in Ontario and Quebec, the Vice President Information Technology will:
- Direct the information and data integrity of the company and its business units ensuring proper controls and policies.
- Develop strategic plans and corporate IT objectives. Implement the information technology requirements to ensure the computer capabilities are responsive to the company’s objectives.
- Develop and establish operating practices for computing and information technology.
- Evaluate overall operations of business processes and associated information technology systems and recommend enhancements.
- Establish and maintain IT project management discipline.
- Advise senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals and objectives.
- Prepare enterprise objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information.
- Interact with company managers on internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information.
- Review and approve major contracts for computing and information technology services and equipment.
- Ensure the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Develops , reviews, and certifies all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the company.
- Assess new computing technologies to determine potential value for the company.
- Oversee ongoing improvements and the feasibility of system enhancements.
- Establish company infrastructure to support and guide individual divisions/departments/sites in computing and information technology efforts.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- The position is responsible for all aspects of GreenFirst’s Information Technology. These systems are critical to GreenFirst’s business processes and operations.
To be successful you will require:
An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or business administration with a strong preference for an MBA. You should have 15+ years progressive experience, with at least 10 years oversight of corporate systems and 5-10 years in management roles. You will have experience in a process, real time manufacturing environment to ensure the company’s success. Other attributes include assertive, goal oriented, creative, innovate and an enthusiastic team player in GreenFirst’s management group. You will demonstrate strong team building skills with proven experience managing remote teams, exceptional relationship building and client service skills and excellent communication skills to direct the work across the organization.
If this sounds like the right fit for you and you are looking the tremendous lifestyle opportunities offered by the community of North Bay, please submit your resume and covering letter to: email@example.com. Please include the job title in your email subject line.