Spécialistes en acquisition de talents (2)
Location: Northern Ontario – Cochrane and Kapuskasing or North Bay, Ontario
GreenFirst is looking for two (2) Talent Acquisition Specialists to develop and implement recruitment activities for a dynamic Lumber Products Company. As part of an integrated HR Team, you will work with leadership to ensure that operational staffing levels meet requirements to ensure the best operational success. With staff dispersed across operational locations in Ontario and Quebec, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will be geographically located to support either Eastern or Western operations.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Talent Acquisition you will:
- Manage the recruitment and talent management processes for all locations including supporting senior leaders through the recruitment process.
- Collaborate with leaders to recruit qualified internal and external candidates for vacant positions. Review and approve job postings and advertisements. Screens applications to determine applicants’ qualifications and suitability for further processing.
- Advise and assist the hiring supervisor in selecting candidates for interviews, preparing interview questions, conducting interviews. Evaluating interviews and determining successful candidates.
- Conduct background checks and employment references for potential hires or advises hiring supervisor regarding same.
- Complete offer letters by working with compensation unit to ensure internal parity and appropriate collective agreement compliance. Ensures mandatory training and on boarding is identified and arranged.
- Make verbal offers of employment, except where Manager provides an offer. Ensure Managers have scripts and information to provide complete information to successful candidates.
- Arrange participation in job fairs at Universities and Colleges as well as in community programs to promote GreenFirst as an employer of choice. Researches opportunities to promote GreenFirst and builds strong internal and external networks to build a robust workforce.
- Maintain the manual candidate tracking tool for ongoing creation of candidate pools for multi-incumbent roles such as labourers.
- Recommend policies and process changes to improve succession management planning, recruitment and HR actions.
- Work in collaboration with HR Coordinators and other HR staff to ensure seamless service to clients and promotes equity, diversity, inclusion and safety in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
You will need:
In additional to being fluently bilingual in English and French, a degree or diploma in HR or Business is preferred. A certificate in HR from HRPA would be considered an asset. Market, recruitment and selection, testing and interviewing methodologies, compensation management. 2 years of progressive work experience as recruiter or HR generalist preferably in an operational and or unionized environment. Position demands experience with recruitment of candidates, exceptional relationship building skills, innovation and excellent knowledge of human resources management practices, compensation methods, and strong administration. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and operate in a very busy environment. Strong organizational ability, planning, follow and time management skills. Ability effectively adapt to changing conditions and shifting priorities ensuring that deadlines are met. Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening. Ability to work in both English and French. Ability to respect and promote equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Ability to learn Health and Safety programs to ensure safe work in operational settings.
Effective and influential verbal, written and presentation skills. Detail oriented with strong financial acumen. Must have ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a professional manner. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Please submit your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in your email subject line.